Alan Greenberg is an accomplished trial and appellate attorney who handles high-stakes and complex cases. He has been trying cases for more than 25 years after starting his career as a Wall Street transactional lawyer.
Among his significant trial victories, Mr. Greenberg, along with partner Wayne Gross, obtained a jury verdict of more than $50.3 million in a case involving real estate development joint ventures in Hollywood, California [Law360 – How They Won It]. The verdict was listed by The Recorder as one of the Top 10 California jury verdicts for 2011.
Mr. Greenberg is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a highly selective trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. He has repeatedly been named to The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers. He has maintained a Martindale Hubbell peer review rating of AV Preeminent, 5.0 out of 5.0, for more than 15 years.
Mr. Greenberg has served as Managing Partner of Greenberg Gross LLP since the inception of the firm in 2013. Before co-founding Greenberg Gross, Mr. Greenberg was Co-Chair of the Litigation Practice Group at the Orange County office of one of the largest law firms in the United States.
- Obtained $50.3 million jury verdict for defendant on counterclaim, including $34 million in punitive damages, arising out of repudiation by client’s partner of a joint venture to own and redevelop the Hollywood Palladium and three other prominent properties in Hollywood, California.
- Obtained jury verdict for defendants and $8 million judgment on counterclaim, including $2 million in punitive damages, on behalf of global engineering firm, in case arising from acquisition of subsidiary.
- Obtained jury verdict for punitive damages of more than $1 million in corporate sabotage case against client’s competitor.
- Obtained judgment in excess of $1.5 million in trial relating to financing of accounts receivable.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial for digital marketing company that was sued for alleged fraud and breach of contract.
- Successful defense of antitrust, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO), defamation, malicious prosecution, banking, and securities cases.
Awards & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation
- Top 50 Orange County Super Lawyers
- Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal, “Top 20 Defense Verdicts”
- The Recorder, “Top Ten California Verdicts for 2011″
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New York City Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Orange County Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Board of Directors, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Chair, Judiciary Committee of the Orange County Bar Association, 2014-2015
- Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association/Orange County, 2012-2016
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel Of America
- Society of Fellows, Orange County Bar Foundation
- Director and Past President, Cornell Alumni Association of Orange County
In the News
- Four Greenberg Gross Partners Selected as 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers – Gross and Privette Named Top 50 Orange County
January 30, 2018 | News | Read Article
- Daily Journal Names Greenberg Gross One of California’s Top Law Firms
October 26, 2017 | Los Angeles Daily Journal | Read Article
- Daily Journal: Greenberg Gross Hired to Represent Bill Cosby
September 15, 2017 | Los Angeles Daily Journal | Read Article
- OC Register: Greenberg Gross Donation to Double Goodwill OC’s Career Center Services
May 26, 2017 | The Orange County Register | Read Article
- Daily Journal: Greenberg Gross Growth Continues With Addition of Top IP Litigator
March 9, 2017 | Los Angeles Daily Journal | Read Article
- Daily Journal: Greenberg Gross Beats Cravath Bonus Scale
December 8, 2016 | Los Angeles Daily Journal | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross LLP Opens LA Headquarters and Announces Year-End Bonuses Will Exceed Cravath’s Scale
December 6, 2016 | Press Release | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross Profiled in Daily Journal
October 21, 2016 | Los Angeles Daily Journal | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross Wins $8.5 Million Judgment for Global Engineering Firm
May 19, 2016 | Press Release | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross LLP Featured in Coast Magazine’s Annual Top Attorneys List
October 1, 2015 | Coast Magazine | Read Article
- Three Greenberg Gross Partners Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
August 18, 2015 | Press Release | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross Wins Lawsuit for Global Engineering Firm
June 22, 2015 | Press Release | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross LLP Featured in Attorney Journal Magazine
December 5, 2014 | Attorney Journal | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross LLP Featured in OC Register Metro Top Attorneys List
September 1, 2014 | OC Register Metro | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross Founders Selected Again For Inclusion in Best Lawyers
August 18, 2014 | Press Release | Read Article
- “Classy Office” Featured in OC Register Metro
February 6, 2014 | OC Register Metro | View From The Top | Read Article
- Greenberg Gross LLP Wins Jury Verdict for HyperDisk Marketing
October 7, 2013 | Press Release | Read Article
- Founders of Greenberg Gross LLP Selected Again for Inclusion in Best Lawyers
August 20, 2013 | Press Release | Read Article
- OC Business Journal: Greenberg Gross to Look Both Ways on Trial Work
April 1, 2013 | Orange County Business Journal | Read Article
- Top Verdicts of 2011: CFRI-NCA Palladium Venture LLC v. NCA Argyle LP
February 15, 2012 | Daily Journal | Read Article
- How They Won It: Greenberg Traurig’s $50M Counterpunch
November 17, 2011 | Law360 | Read Article
- Developer wins big award
October 21, 2011 | Los Angeles Daily Journal | Read Article