Claire-Lise Y. Kutlay
Claire-Lise Kutlay is an experienced trial attorney who focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes, business litigation matters, labor and employment litigation, and representing survivors of sexual assault. Ms. Kutlay has successfully represented high-profile clients and examined key fact witnesses at trial; taken depositions of fact witnesses; briefed and prepared arguments in connection with a variety of motions and trial briefs; and prepared fact and expert witnesses for trial.
Ms. Kutlay has experience in commercial contracts, misappropriation of trade secrets, labor and employment, trust and estates, and fraud matters.
Ms. Kutlay received her law degree at the University of California, Irvine School of Law, where she participated in the Experian/Jones Day Moot Court. Prior to law school, Ms. Kutlay worked as a behavioral safety trainer in the United Arab Emirates. Ms. Kutlay received her undergraduate degree in commerce at the University of Victoria, where she made the Dean’s List.
- Lead associate on two-week trial and obtained a seven-figure jury verdict for plaintiff in a whistleblower/wrongful termination lawsuit and a multi-million dollar attorneys’ fee award. The verdict was recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the top plaintiff verdicts of 2018.
- Obtained defense jury verdict for defendant AmLaw 200 firm in case seeking $500 million in damages for violation of civil RICO, fraud, and other torts. The verdict was recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the top defense verdicts of 2018.
- Second-chaired trial and obtained jury verdict for plaintiff in a reformation of contract case.
- Represented Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX) employees in trade secrets misappropriation litigation against Broadcom Corporation.
Awards & Recognition
- Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2020-2022
- Top Plaintiff Verdict of 2018, Daily Journal
- Top Defense Verdict of 2018, Daily Journal
- Pro Bono Achievement Award 2013, 2015
- Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Services Certificate, 2015
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (serving on the Board of the Barristers Section)
- Member, Women Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Arab American Lawyers Association of Southern California
Los Angeles Lawyer | May 2022 |
Conducting and Documenting Proper Evidence Collections
Los Angeles Lawyer | April 2020 |
Partner Sarah Kelly-Kilgore Installed as LACBA Barristers President 2021-2022, Continues on LACBA’s Executive Committee
News | July 2021 |
Two Lawyers Named 2021 Southern California Rising Stars – Super Lawyers
News | June 2021 |
Great-Granddaughter of Gucci Founder Files Child Sexual Assault Lawsuit Against Stepfather, Mother and Grandmother
Press Release | September 2020 |
Two Lawyers Selected as 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars
News | June 2020 |
Greenberg Gross Case Named among The Recorder’s Top Verdicts of 2018
Press Release | July 2019 |
Greenberg Gross Recognized for Two “Top Verdicts” of 2018
Press Release | February 2019 |
Greenberg Gross LLP Wins Defense Verdict for AM Law 200 Law Firm Against Heirs of Dairy Empire
Press Release | September 2018 |
Greenberg Gross’s $2.8 Million Verdict Featured in the Los Angeles Times
Los Angeles Times | August 2018 |