Heather A. Brown
Heather Brown is a trial lawyer who has dedicated her career to prosecuting child molesters, murderers, and violent criminals. Ms. Brown spent 23 years at the Office of the District Attorney in Orange County, handling high-profile cases that resulted in violent criminals being placed behind bars, many of whom are serving life sentences. As a valuable member of the Greenberg Gross LLP team, Ms. Brown is now focused on dismantling the institutions who facilitate, permit, and turn a blind eye to sexual abuse.
Throughout her career as a Deputy District Attorney, Ms. Brown has trained local and federal law enforcement agencies, social workers, and Deputy District Attorneys on investigating, presenting, interviewing, and litigating cases involving sexual abuse. Ms. Brown has also served as an adjunct professor at California State University, Fullerton, where she taught classes on sex crimes, and co-authored a chapter in the textbook, California’s Criminal Justice System, specifically addressing sexual assault crimes and the policies behind them. In 2010, Ms. Brown presented a case study at the Crimes Against Children Conference in Dallas on how to prosecute a case with special needs victims who are unable to testify.
- Obtained guilty verdicts against teacher who sexually assaulted 13-year daughter of his girlfriend.
- Obtained life sentence conviction against former Sunday school teacher at Rock Harbor Church in Costa Mesa for sexual assault and molestation of several children, including a family member.
- Obtained guilty verdicts with sentence of 151 years to life against former Los Alamitos Unified School District bus driver for special needs children who molested and took sexually-explicit photos of young girls. Case was featured on Nancy Grace.
- Obtained guilty verdicts with 90-year sentence against former pastor of Anaheim’s Faith in Action Church for molesting multiple girls and a male family member.
Professional & Community Activities
- Adjunct Professor, California State University, Fullerton
- Orange County Bar Association
- OC Homicide Investigators Association (2018-2022)
- Board of Directors (Former), The Innocence Mission
- Anti-Human Trafficking Ministry, Saddleback Church